Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLEE) was established on October 12, 1978 and has been recognised as a statutory Department and one of the authority of the University of Mumbai, since 1994 to promote a meaningful and sustained rapport between the Universities and the community.
It is functioning under the Board for Lifelong Learning and Extension to create skilled and learned human power through its various degree level programmes and skill development programmes.
Ten Additional marks at the final exam on completion of 120 hours of work on the extension work project undertaken and submission of the project report
To promote a meaningful and sustained rapport between the Universities and the community i.e to have educational programs for a social change.
The objectives of Lifelong Learning and Extension are outlined below for making education:
- To act as a focal agency in the University system for all Lifelong Learning programmes and to provide academic and technical resource support for community based activities in collaboration with Universities departments and colleges.
- To serve as an intellectual intervention in the community’s living problems which need to be overcome through an educational process.
- To develop among students a sense of responsibility towards society.
- To design programs that will help students to face life and its challenges and thus create an ambience for a learning society.
- To deepen the teachers’ and students’ knowledge through a wider exposure to real life situations through a variety of programs.
- To prepare students for a greater social commitment.
- To enhance student employability skills
- To cater to the needs of the unreached for promoting knowledge based society.
- To network with Governmental and Non-governmental agencies, international organizations as well as industries.
DLLE Committee Constitution 2023-24
|Sr.no||Name of the Teacher||Designation|
|1)||Prof. Prajakta Mhavarkar||College coordinator|
|4)||Prof. Punam Rane||Member|